Containing over 50 reviews of almost 70 LEGO sets spanning 4 decades, The Lego Car Blog’s Set Review Library is easily the most professional looking part of the entire TLCB establishment*.
Our expert Set Reviewers, shunning the fame and glory normally associated with such a task, quietly and anonymously pick apart The LEGO Group’s efforts, helping you to decide whether or not to open up your wallet.
They’re diligent, knowledgeable, nerdy… and most importantly they’re willing to work for nothing more than a microwave meal and the chance to gaze at TLCB’s intern from across the office.
Seriously though, our Set Reviewers do an excellent job and they really know their stuff, having reviewed everything from LEGO’s first large-scale vehicles from the late 1970s right up to the latest limited-edition Technic flagships. There may even be a famous name or two amongst them. And now we’d like you to join them!
If you own an official LEGO set that you think should be in the Set Review Library, you can help to put it there! We’re looking for funny, articulate writers to help increase the Library’s stock, and in doing so your words will feature on a site reaching over a million annual readers. There’s even some loot up for grabs for the best submission (details of which will follow).
How to Enter
- Contact us; either here, via Flickr message, or via one of our Flickr group discussions, stating the LEGO set that you wish to review and providing us with a link to one of your online presences.
- Stage 1 Approval; TLCB staff will review your suitability and respond with an acceptance or rejection. Apologies, not everyone will be accepted – please be prepared for a rejection if your chosen set is deemed unsuitable. If you are accepted we’ll ask for you to send us an image of your LEGO set with a unique phrase featuring somewhere in the photo to ensure that you do own the set in question.
- Write your Review! You can get an idea of past Set Reviews via the Set Review Library, but you can be as creative as you like!
- Stage 2 Approval; TLCB staff will review your Set Review, assessing its suitability for publication. Your words may require editing, and your Review may also be rejected – again, please be prepared for the possibility that your words are deemed to be unsuitable.
- Publication! Once your Set Review is accepted it will be published on The Lego Car Blog! You can choose whether you’d like a link to your online presence to be included, or you can choose to remain anonymous.
- Win! The Set Review with the highest averaged hits, combined with our judges’ assessment, will earn its writer some of the Lego loot that we have acquired here at TLCB!
That’s it! Simple huh? If you’d like to get your Set Review online for up to a million people a year, increase exposure to your own work, or if you’re just after some loot, then get in touch! Success could also open the door to other opportunities here at TLCB…
*It’s a very low baseline.